Our online professional course consists of the required training topics for shippers of regulated medical waste as required by the US DOT. Each lesson needs to be completed to fulfill the training requirements. Once all lessons are completed, the training record and certificate will be immediately available for download.
By enrolling now you will be registered for the course including these following lessons:
- General Awareness – Training that provides familiarity with the general requirements of the HMR and enables the hazmat employee to recognize and identify hazardous materials. All hazmat employees must receive general awareness training. This is a brief video and training materials that give a broad overview of shipping hazardous materials.
- Function Specific – Training that provides a detailed understanding of HMR requirements applicable to the function(s) performed by the hazmat employee. Each hazmat employee must be trained on the specific functions they are required to perform as it relates to the shipping of regulated medical waste. This section covers classification, packing and shipping papers. This training is designed to educate regulated medical waste shippers specifically.
- Packaging Demonstration– This section has a brief video that demonstrates how to properly package a box of regulated medical waste. This covers how to prepare the container to make sure it meet US DOT shipping requirements.
- Bulk Outer Packaging– Some generators utilize large carts or roll off containers for the shipping of regulated medical waste. These are containers that are designed for shipping regulated medical waste and are greater than 119 gallons in size. These containers have some specific requirements for the inner packaging and some separation requirements. These are covered in detail in this section.
- Security Awareness – Training that provides a general understanding of the security risks associated with hazardous materials transportation and the methods designed to enhance transportation security. This training should include methods on how to recognize and respond to possible security threats. All hazmat employees must receive this training. This security awareness training helps to enlighten shippers of regulated medical waste on some of the security precautions they should consider as shippers of regulated medical waste. This section discusses security in the shipping of hazardous materials, and overall restricting access to hazardous materials to only those that have a need to gain access.
Enjoy moving forward with the Ebola Waste course.